Expect to see the following teams compete at Barcelona2018!
Expect to see the following in future MRDWCs!
Team Middle East:
This is an increase of 20% from 2016, and an increase of 67% on the original 15 teams that competed in the inaugural tournament in 2014. In 2016, the growth was predominantly Latin America, now it’s more of Europe and the Pacific Nations.
Teams will be selecting, following these rules:
To represent a nation, a skater must meet one of the following:
- Be born in that nation,
- Have at least one parent or grandparent of that nationality,
- Have acquired that nationality by marriage or naturalization, or
- Have resided in that nation for at least 5 years prior to the tournament.
Additionally, a skater must
- Meet all minimum skills requirements as set by the WFTDA and recognized by the MRDA,
- Be at least 18 years old as of the first day of competition, and
- Not be simultaneously listed on a WFTDA or women’s world cup charter roster at any time during the period from roster submission date through the end of the competition.
In order to compete, a team must:
- Have paid any participation fees as appropriate and on time
- Have submitted all forms on time as required
- Have selected only eligible skaters
- Coaches and other team personnel need not be eligible under nationality and minimum skills rules
- Have selected skaters following the MRDA’s non-discrimination policy
- As the MRDA policy protects against discrimination based on nationality, this is taken to mean discrimination based on which of the four eligibility rules the skater claims and that the four eligibility rules must be the same for all nations
- Follow MRDWC-specific non-discrimination rules
- Teams may not discriminate on the basis of league affiliation when selecting skaters
- Teams should publish, before team selections occur, their policies on skaters living abroad and skaters who have tried out or competed for other nations
- Teams are free to write these policies as they see fit
If your nation isn’t represented, and you’d like to be a part of it, get in touch! Message us via our facebook page, and let’s get started!